marți, 25 martie 2008

Rabbits, eggs and chocolate

Was this weekend agenda! We celebrated Easter at my parents-in-law house. Strange to celebrate it twice but at the same time interesting. We cooked on Saturday, we went to church on Saturday evening and we ate like crazy the whole Sunday. So quite busy huh?
This year "Winning Egg Award" went to my father-in-law who was the luckiest in picking-up his winning egg from the basket. The rest of us just dreamed of the 2009 Easter holidays, hoping for a prize.
Yesterday, the second day of Easter, the tradition (the Hungarian one adopted quickly by the Romanians) says that all the men must "water their flowers". Translation: spreading parfume on women to grow beautiful and shining as the flowers do. Well Hungarians are more practical, they don't spend their money on expensive parfumes but use pure cold water from the fountains to water their loved ones. That must be quite an experience for both parties:)! Though I rather see it only on the TV!

3 comentarii:

ioana spunea...

I didn't know the "watering" was a hungarian tradition. Do they actually do it in Hungary? If not I would say it si Romanian. I know in Sibiu everybody does it and we are not Hungarians around there. Just curious.

Chris spunea...

I couldn't picture the watering thing... you will have to draw!

Easter was good, we went to the English countryside and I manage to play a bit with the falling "snow". :-D

Ancu spunea...

Hm! I'm afraid I did all I could to explain the "watering" tradition in English!:) But ask Bro for some additional explanations. ;)

I've seen pictures of your Easter holiday...quite nice! But snowing this time of the year in England? In Romania the ski season is back!