vineri, 25 iunie 2010

Rainy days

Uf! rainy days these days (I would say 1 week and a half by now) and too much water for the earth "to drink" at once, so many floodings all over RO. Surprinsingly Tuesday morning I could barely enter in the building I work, the whole courtyard was submerged and the water coverd one's feet. In the afternoon the waters grew even more so the water was 1 meter high. The firemen had to come to help.

I heard that the road from Cluj to Gherla and then Baia MAre was closed due to the floodings. I searched for some news and here is a picture taken Wednsday in Jucu, near Km 17 for those who know the area. See the traffic signs half submerged.



They say it was worse than this in other regions. Poor people! Now it seemes to be better but during the weekend more rainy days are expected.

Forgot to mention that temperatures dropped to 12-13 C. So it's a very good weather and terrain for off-road activities.

2 comentarii:

Chris spunea...

I have to say that I miss summer storms - but only when I don't have to go to work. At least we don't have heavy rains in London...

Ancu spunea...

It's a new "fashion" with these violent summer storms in Romania, and they seem to keep on coming. We weren't directly affected by it so far but many did.