vineri, 12 februarie 2010

Night at the Opera

Is not a title or a movie is what we'll be doing on Sunday evening. We're going to the Opera but for a famous ballet show: The Swan Lake (Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky). See here more details : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swan_Lake.

I always wanted to see this show but couldn't make it. And now the Ukraine dancers (I think this is how you call the ballet dancers) from The National Opera from Kiev are coming to Cluj. I've heard they are pretty good and I simply love the music, hopefully the dancers will be tallented at least for 3 reasons:
1. I am going with Peter and if he doesn't like a show (play, movie or else) he simply gets up and leave...first I was shocked now I am doing the same thing :). I used to stay to the end of the show even if I hate it. Not anymore: why waisting my time for a famous play just for the image (it sounds good when telling others you've been to the Opera....but what they don't know is that you didn't understand a single thing of it) when I can use my time doing something more useful?
2. I like ballet if the music is good too, and I want to go to other shows. If this one will be bad surely I'll "miss" all the other to come. (it happened with the Opera - I simply don't enjoy the show, only the music. But we love theatre - lately we've been to several ahows - very good!).
3. I like Tchaikovsky's music hopefully they won't spoil it!

I've always admired ballet dancers for being able to just stand on the top of their toes. And I heard it's pretty difficult to do that (Peter's aunt was a ballet dancer - now a teacher so we have the information from a safe source). Those shoes they're wearing have a weird name even in RO so no ideea how they call it in ENG.

2 comentarii:

ioana spunea...

They are called pointe shoes, comes from French en pointe.
These shoes make very ugly feet.

Chris spunea...

Hey, how was the opera? I don't like opera that much, not a big fan of the shouting. But I like dance shows, not so much classical stuff though.